QUALITY, INTEGRITY, EXCELLENCE
Clients of the James Turner Law Firm, LLC know that excellence is in the very foundation of the firm. Clients hire our firm for a reason: aggressive and quality representation. We will always protect and pursue our clients’ interests to the extent of what the law allows. We pursue a course of calculated aggression so as not over litigate when the case does not require it. Essentially, it is our job to provide you with the most cost-effective, aggressive representation possible and we strive to do that each and every day.
today to set up an appointment.
Call (850) 983-0725
5208 Elmira Street • Milton, Florida 32570
Copyright 2015. James Turner Law Firm, LLC. The Milton, Florida, office of The James Turner Law Firm, LLC, serves clients throughout Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties, including Pensacola, Bellview, Gonzalez, Century, Pace, Gulf Breeze, Milton, Cantonment, Molino, Perdido Key, Walnut Hill, Bagdad, Navarre, Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola Beach; counties including Santa Rosa County and Escambia County; as well as Eglin Air Force Base, Whiting Field and NAS Pensacola (Naval Air Station).
Stepping in and raising a family member's child brings new responsibilities and challenges, as well as the joy of raising that child. For some relatives, this also means considering whether to adopt the as your own. This decision is a significant one, both for the parent and child, and requires a careful consideration of family circumstances and legal requirements. Pensacola and Milton adoption lawyer James Turner and Patricia Wright have over 35 years of combine experience and knowledge to help guide you through child custody matters, including relative and grandparent adoption. In Florida, many relatives have taken over the responsibility for raising another family member’s child for a wide range of reasons. The adoption process varies depending on your family relationship to the child.
- If you’re not related within the 3rd degree of consanguinity, the process will be similar to an identified adoption.
- If you’re related within the 3rd degree of consanguinity (the child’s parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, uncle/aunt or sibling), the adoption plan will be a more simplified process.
Like any other adoption,
it’s a very personal decision that requires careful consideration and
should be in the child’s best interest. Some benefits and features of
relative adoption to consider:
- Depending on a number of factors, you may or may not need one or both birth parents’ consent to complete the adoption. We can evaluate your circumstances and advise you on this issue at no charge.
- You’ll become the legal parent(s) of the child. This means you become responsible for the child’s welfare.
- The child will inherit from you as if born to you.
- A new birth certificate will be issued, listing you as the child’s birth parent(s).
- Adoption may be finalized immediately after filing the petition, provided any required consent documents have been executed and filed.